Friday, January 9, 2009

Moving to the Non-Smoking Section

So today is as good a day as any to start a new blog I suppose. Yesterday I began taking Chantix in (hopefully) the last of several attempts to quit smoking. I have heard a number of stories about how well Chantix worked for several friends of mine, and other second hand accounts of people I didn't know that had some success with the prescription.

For some reason, nobody told me about the insane dreams until after I started taking the stuff. Here's a snippet from a conversation I had outside a coffee shop yesterday:

"How's it going?"

"Alright I guess; I just started taking Chantix. I'm trying to quit smoking."

"Oh really? I took that. Have you started having fucked up dreams yet?"

"I just started taking it today. Why, does it screw with your dreams?"

"Mwaa hahah ha, ha , mwa ha." (in evil villain tone with mildly twitchy eye)


The twitchy coffee shop guy was right, I did have some pretty vivid and bizarre dreams. If that's as bad as it gets I don't think it will be too much of a problem. This stuff does make my head a bit swimmy at times, but as long as I'm not asked to diffuse any bombs in the next 12 weeks it'll be okay.

I will continue with my boring misadventures on Chantix in the coming weeks in hopes that it will be of some use to someone that is thinking about, or is going through, the same process.

1 comment:

brian grady said...

awesome. glad you're making an effort to fight through the dreams and take a break from bomb diffusing to save yer wee lungs. i'll still always be able to beat you in a footrace though. :)